JBoss Fuse is the core integration product from Red Hat’s portfolio. Fuse contains a wide set of technologies – module for Enterprise Integration Patterns based on Apache Camel project, support for web services based on Apache CXF, and messaging broker Red Hat AMQ based on Apache ActiveMQ project. The AMQ as well as Fuse and CXF are OpenShift ready to make the transition to containerized application seamless. Whether you need to evaluate your Company’s business case, define the solution architecture, finish the implementation or are looking reliable production support, the Behaim team can offer you its decades experience in any of these areas.
JBoss Web Services CXF (JBossWS-CXF) is the JBoss Web Services stack implementation internally based on Apache CXF, an open source services framework. CXF allows you to build and develop services using front-end Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), like JAX-WS.
CXF includes a broad feature set, but it is primarily focused on the following areas:
Web Services Standard Support.
CXF supports a variety of web service standards including:
- WSI Basic Profile
CXF supports a variety of front-end programming models. CXF implements the JAX-WS APIs (TCK compliant). It also includes a simple front end which allows creation of clients and endpoints without annotations. CXF supports both contract first development with WSDL and code first development starting from Java.
Ease of use
CXF is designed to be intuitive and easy to use.
- There are simple APIs to quickly build code-first services.
- Maven plug-ins to make tooling integration easy.
- JAX-WS API support.
- Spring 2.x XML support to make configuration easier.
Red Hat AMQ
Red Hat® AMQ, an open source messaging platform, offers high performance, compatibility with International Organization for Standardization (ISO) protocols, and supports a wide range of clients. It supports communication using various protocols including:
- Java™ Message Service (JMS) 1.1 and 2.0
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
- Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
- User Datagram Protocol (UDP)
- Streaming Text Oriented Messaging Protocol (STOMP)
- Network management systems (NMS)
- MQ Telemetry Transport (MQTT)
- Advanced Message Queueing Protocol (AMQP) 1.0
- Multicast transport protocols
The complete life cycle of AMQ based solution includes design time tools like JBoss Developer Studio and JBoss Fuse IDE. The management and monitoring tools include JBoss Operations Network and JBoss Fabric Management Console.
The support for MQTT and AMQP makes it easy to interact with the world of IoT for both newly created as well as existing applications
AMQ messaging was designed with a focus on reliability, security, as well as fault tolerance. Regardless of whether the message consumers or producers are located on-premise or in distributed cloud environments, the resulting technical architecture allows flexible configurations of Brokers and Interconnect Routers to build a topology allowing secure and reliable message transport.
Red Hat Fuse Connectors
Red Hat Fuse offers a wide range of ready to use connectors as well as components directly supporting Enterprise Integration Patterns. Connectors and components greatly accelerate the creation of application to application communication, which allows the client to focus on the business process rather than the technical implementation itself.
The connectors cover a wide range:
- Communication technologies like JMS, MQTT, Apache Kafka, AMQP
- Database standards like JDBC, MongoDB, LDAP,
- Application specific integration like SAP, SalesForce, LinkedIn, GoogleDrive, Facebook, DropBox
- Infrastructure and cloud provider connectors like AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Zookeeper